It was Baby B’s birthday last month. She’s one years old! Wow. I can’t believe I’ve been almost a Kai Ma 契媽 (the Cantonese version of a godmother a.k.a adoptive mother). I say almost because Baby B hasn’t given me a cup of tea to drink to officially become my Kai Neui 契女 (goddaughter a.k.a adoptive daughter) yet… It has to be an official celebration thing for us Chinese peeps.
Miss Pinky and Mr Picky were deciding on a lot of things on how to celebrate this little baby’s birthday… In the end we ended up going to the Horniman Museum park area which is located around Forest Hill.
So what did we all have to do? Cook food! I was originally going to make brownies, but ended up making flapjacks!
Ingredients (they were actually all estimated ^_^ … I didn’t bother with the weighing scales):
~750g of Scottish oats
~500g of butter
~300g of baking syrup
~400g soft light brown sugar
3 bars of Milka original chocolate bars
1, Melt the butter and sugar and syrup together until it goes all gooey and brown
2. Mix in the above into the oats and stir all together making sure all the oats are soaked with the sugars and butters
3. Pour into a lightly buttered baking tray. You can also add a baking sheet to make it easy to pick up and cut – up to you!
4. Set the oven to around gas mark 5, and bake in the middle of the oven for 45 minutes… I cooked it longer because there were so many oats!
5. Once done, take the tray out and set aside.
6. Place the chocolate into a heat proof bowl. Heat a pan of water and set the bowl on top of the pan. Whilst the water is boiling, the chocolate should melt. Stir the chocolate around to make it melt faster…
7. After all the chocolate is melted, add this on top of the uncut flapjacks (I didn’t smooth the chocolate down on purpose)
8. Cool the flapjacks overnight and cut when ready. ^_^ You can score the chocolate before it completely sets.
Mr Stingy loved them. I loved them. And everyone at the party loved them! Yum yum yum!! We just needed more main food dishes… But it looks like I will be making more of these in the future. Hahahahahah.
Here’s Miss Pinky with Baby B in her new unicorn night suit from M&S. Happy sleeping in it. LOL!