Marseille (May2017) – Day 7 & 8: Last Minute Shopping and The Return

Day 7 – Friday 19th May

Almost time to leave town, so it was time to do some supermarket shopping… Usually on my holidays I shop from place to place, but we did everything in one go!
Mr Travels dropped us at a nearby street near the supermarket… I had an hour to go around and shop… I lost track of time, but we still made it for the bus! I spent over €100 on food and drinks and other stuff. Wow, red wine in plastic bottles is cheap. Very cheap in France. I think I might miss all of this when Brexit happens. How sad to see cheap wine go. The money spent meant we got free cartoon playing cards which just came out. The girls got to play with trading cards! Hah!
It was worth spending all that money, I felt like I hadn’t done much shopping during the whole week. Heheheh. I also bought some more yarn, so that I can make a jumper for myself (I made a crocheted summer vest for Mrs Travels, and I thought I’m going to make a jumper similar to the design!).
It costs €1 for a single journey on the local bus.

Last evening meal consisted of many different small dishes to add into a pancake (like they do in China) and some egg fried rice with sausage.

Day 8 – Saturday 20th May

My last day consisted of repacking luggage and giving away things I didn’t need back at home, in which I gave to the Travels family. Missy I is really quick to get things… Missy S kind of misunderstood my intentions of my food stuffs… Those were for my friends and colleagues. (Must remember to send a food box next month).
Then I made both Missy I and S do a last minute violin practice (yes, they’ve started being musical… well Missy S gets the brownie points for the musical emotional effect – very talented!). Got Missy S to sing one song as she said she didn’t have time to play the short 1 minute piece! I had forgotten Missy S is quite shy when it comes to singing, but she did it anyway! Well done. 🙂
Now they were off to their classes, and the rest of us had last minute shopping to do… it was just so that I felt satisfied with the things I had already gotten, and also to shop more!
It was time to say my emotional goodbyes to the Travels family, gosh, I hate saying goodbye to them. Ended up crying. T_T (I’m crying now as I’m writing this, even though I’m listening to some uplifting Japanese shamisen music). Uh oh, I even made Mrs Travels and Missy A cry! Told the girls not to fight on my way out… (Siblings alway fight. I fought with Mr Stingy when I was young… still do…).
Mr Travels dropped me off at the bus stop I came to on my first day. Then I said another emotional goodbye to him and Missy I… I could she was about to cry too (but she’s a strong girl). Told her not to fight with Missy S so much, but she looked at me to say that’s not going to happen, LOL. 
Got on the bus. It was the usual €4.30.
Once I got there, I went to Terminal 1 and decided on what food to get… OMG. The old lady that stood behind me was so rude when I tried to order food… she didn’t even apologise as I stared at her when she ordered her food. Then when she had gone, the people behind thought to do the same. How dare they, so I stood my ground this time and ordered. Stupid and rude people!! I hope never to see them again. Grrrrr!
I sat in my usual place, where there was only two or three tables away from the main seating area. My food was ok. Felt happy to be full as well.

My flight was held up by an hour or two. So I sat upstairs, nearer to the toilets and watched one of my Korean shows on YouTube. Using the free WiFi was my benefit to having a better afternoon. 
I kept looking at the screen, and suddenly it flashed that our gate was ready… For some reason I always feel a bit of an outcast in the passport control queue. Chinese person in the queue with a Brit passport. Yep, that was me! ¬_¬

The flight was full again. I made sure I queued at the start and made sure no one pushed in front of me… My mood already sank that afternoon. 😦

We landed after a couple of hours on the plane. When we landed in Gatwick, I made sure to checkout at the scanning section, which is a faster queue than the people checking queue. Then zipped out towards the luggage belts and collected my suitcase….
Bolted to the train from North to South Gatwick and made it on time to get a train to London Bridge. I again used my Oyster Card… This time it was for definite that I paid £8.70 for a single journey. Don’t be fooled to pay for the £15 express price.

I arrived at London Bridge after 7 pm (this was two weeks before the van attack – I thought I must’ve been lucky).
It was a good week for a good rest of doing absolutely zilch! ^_^ Yippee!!

End of Days 7 and 8.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s