Baby B goes to Costa del Sol, Spain – Day 5 & 6: Being a Tourist

Sunday 9th July 

Finally, Miss Pinky, Baby B and I took a tour around the area we stayed in.

It was still hot at around 30 degrees ++, but we managed…

We ended up back at the hotel after walking around and a beer… Siesta came by quite quickly!

Had a smoothie for my lunch at the hotel…

Later on we went the bar/restaurant on the other side of the hotel… It was time to write some postcards to some friends… Miss Pinky chatted away whilst I was trying to write… I really can’t chat and write at the same time!! I really have to concentrate in what I’m writing… :p We think the postcards may have got lost in the post box because it was hard slot in… Or they still might be travelling to wherever via road… Postcards always get lost in the post!! I at least took pictures of them… so sorry to the families that are still waiting on them. Heheheheh.

As it was our last night in Spain, Miss Pinky suggested that we go out and eat (I was paying this time)… So we walked around first, then back to the hotel, then changed… Miss Pinky didn’t even bother to dress up and she had told me to!! ¬_¬”” Sometimes Miss Pinky does things on purpose… :p
We ended up eating Indian food that night with a jug of red wine sangria…

I think I felt deprived of carbs, mainly rice, on this holiday… So I enjoyed my meal but felt very bloated…

The night ended with us taking another walk to digest our food…

The moon looked so pretty coming up from the sea…

End of Day 5.

Monday 10th July

It was a hard night trying to sleep before the flight. I was so hot, that the next day I was bitten by a mosquito in a few more areas. Yes, there are mosquitoes in Spain too!
I think Baby B and I were the most restless that night as we kept moving around our beds… Miss Pinky had a few hours sleep, but apparently I ended up snoring my head off. The previous days I hadn’t snored much… ¬_¬”” … Oh well…
We woke up quite early to make breakfast, tidy up and to finish packing.
Checked out on time, weighed our luggage (thankfully I hardly bought much as Miss Pinky had overweight luggage AGAIN!), then walked swiftly to our transfer car to the airport… Our ride was there quite early. Yay!
We made it to the airport in half an hour compared to the day we got there… We took the motorway! Why didn’t that happen on our first day?!

Checking in at the airport was ok, easier than Stansted! Bags were slightly overweight, but that was fine… Going through security wasn’t bad either as Baby B was trapped in the baby area so she couldn’t get out. ^_^

After passing through the shops we wanted to go upstairs to eat at Burger King… Unfortunately there was no lift, so I made the risk with the pram like how MummyGeek used to take me up and down the escalator. You’re not supposed to use the prams on the escalator but if you’re confident just do it! We got there, Baby B was ok, and we queued for a very long time!

Once we got our food, ate and was almost about to go, a German boy came up to us, I was there was enough room for him to pass, but he actually wanted to give his toy away to Baby B… Awww… There must have been some kid connection in the queue, as we were actually queuing behind him and his father…

I took the risk again and took the elevator going back down. Baby B went down backwards… Did a bit of shopping, then found our gate… and we kind of jumped the queue when the announcers said families can go first! ^_^ I like family queues, they have their benefits!

Flight was ok. Baby B managed to sleep on our laps for the whole two hours. She didn’t scream but we did give her, her dummy.

Got off the plane (not as the last passengers thankfully), past passport control, Miss Pinky was shocked at the way they thought Miss Pinky wasn’t the mother… That’s how British passport control is… Got our luggage, waited forever for the pram… and then got our train tickets to Liverpool Street Station – £29 again with the dual pass and Miss Pinky’s travelcard pass.

Just so you know, I hate Liverpool Street Station at rush hour! Then we returned by taxi (plus bus on my way home)…

This is an adventure I won’t forget, but I hope we go to a slightly cooler destination on our next holiday. Hope Miss Pinky and Baby enjoyed their first international flight together. I’ve learnt so much about Baby B in such a small amount of time. Baby B must have been thinking “how comes Godma Geek is with us for so long”… Lol!

End of Day 6 and Holiday!

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s