In times of being cooped up during a pandemic (of Coronavirus), it’s the best time to start learning to cook and finding out ways to use up your leftover bread, vegetables and other things that have a short shelf-life. Here’s a very, very simple recipe that you really can’t go wrong with.
- 3-4 Slices of leftover bread
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato paste
- 2 tables of Tomato ketchup
- Olive oil
- Cheese (mixture of mozzarella and cheddar)
- Basil (optional)
- Other toppings (optional)
How to make:
- Pre-heat oven to gas mark 7.
- Mix the tomato paste, ketchup, basil and a teaspoon of olive oil (basil and olive is optional here)
- Bring over your leftover bread and place onto a baking tray. You can add a baking sheet on top of the tray to avoid getting the cheese stuck onto the tray. Using a knife, spread the tomato sauce mix.
- Add cheese on top (and any other toppings you like)
- To get the slightly toasted cheese look, drizzle some olive oil onto each slice
- Stick it into the middle part of the oven and bake it for 20 minutes
7. Once done, leave aside to cool for about 10 minutes before you devour!
And that’s how I now make my pizza toast. ^_^ Mr Games gave me this idea a few years back… We’re pizza fans!
I’m sure the Internet is filled with similar recipes as this. I also have a sweet palate, that’s why I like to add ketchup… 😋😋😋